Federal Minister for Information Pervaiz Rasheed on Sunday said he would clarify, at a proper forum, why a campaign had been launched against him.

The minister was talking to mediapersons after an exhibition and seminar, “Massacre of innocent” held at the Pakistan National Council of the Arts (PNCA). He said he would clear the misconception due to which the campaign had been launched against him.

“We have to promote tolerance and patience in society,” he said when asked about the banners displayed against him in the federal capital.

The banners were spotted in different parts of the capital city during the last week. The banners called for the minister’s hanging ostensibly for his remarks which he passed at a conference in Karachi against seminaries calling them “centres of illiteracy”.

According to the police, patrol teams found the banners in Aabpara and Sector F-11/1 and removed them. Three cases were registered over the derogatory banners.

A police team was also manhandled by some people from a religious seminary after they were caught with a banner inscribed with slogans against the minister on Friday night.

According to the FIRs, the banners were put up by the Islamabad chapter of Jamiat Ahle Sunnat wal Jamaat (JASWJ).

An official in the Kohsar police station told Dawn that though an FIR had been registered against Maulana Zahoor Ahmad Alvi and four to five unidentified armed men on Saturday, there was still no progress on the case.

Area 14/8

Advertisements